About Us Waverley Academy Dublin – Award Winning College
The past 22 years has been a roller coaster journey. What started out as a small training business from a spare bedroom has developed into an award winning college and one of Ireland’s largest training providers for hairdressing, beauty therapy, make up, fitness instruction and teacher training. From day one we placed a great emphasis on quality training and a friendly and welcoming college. It seems to have worked, as almost 6,000 students have enrolled since we started.
In September 2016 our dreams came true. We were voted Ireland’s number one Academy at the first Irish Hair and Beauty Awards. It was an even bigger privilege that almost 500 of our industry peers were present and many of them cheered for us when we won. It was one of the proudest moments of our lives and also for the 22 family members and 35 trainers who have helped us along the way.
We think our success is down to being a family business, and our ethos of treating everyone as we would like our own family members to be treated. We look forward to the next 22 years, and if you think we can help you with any of the courses or services we provide, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our door is always open – and there is always someone at the end of the phone.
What We Do
We provide training in hairdressing, beauty therapy, makeup, massage and fitness instruction. We also provide the most popular teacher training programmes in the country, and a corporate training service for salons, spas and salons. Many of our courses are part time and can be studied evenings, daytime or weekends.
We know you like to be reassured when researching your training course, so you might find the following helpful:
• Our company is established over 22 years
• We were voted Ireland’s number one college at the first Irish hair and beauty awards
• Our qualifications are recognised internationally
• All employers and insurers recognise the qualifications
• Class numbers are small ensuring quality training
• All our teachers have teaching qualifications
• You can read real reviews from past students
In addition we will also help you with:
• Choosing your course
• Advice on funding
• Flexible payment plans
• Support during training
• Access to learning 24/7
• Support outside class hours
• Top class tuition
• Career guidance on completion of training
Our Core Value: Education empowers
Our Ethos: Treat everyone as we would like our own family members to be treated.
Some other information you might find helpful.
The business is underpinned by:
• World class quality assurance procedures
• State of the art IT systems
• Online learning campus
• Professional staff
• Excellence in teacher training
• Five full time personnel
• Twenty two trainers
• Voted Ireland’s number one Academy at the first Irish Hair and Beauty awards
• First ITEC college in the world to deliver ITEC teacher training programmes
• International accreditation and quality assurance procedures
• Authors and Publishers of Ireland’s first makeup book
• Authors and Publishers of Ireland’s first teacher training book for hair and beauty
• Largest provider of teacher training for hair and beauty sectors
• Development of first online learning campus for hair and beauty sectors
• Celebrated 20 years in hair and beauty training in 2015
• We have authored and published Ireland’s first makeup book and donated it to the Marie Keating foundation
• Fundraising for Marie Keating foundation
• Subsidised training for persons on low incomes
• Scholarships for persons from disadvantaged areas
• Free training for local women’s groups
• Sponsorship of students entering competitions
• Donation of beauty equipment for new beauty room in local nursing home
• Founders of the Winning Mind Movement
Thank you for taking the time to read this from Derek, Veronica, Ray, Teresa, Joan and all at The Waverley Academy
Our two main training centres are ideally located on Dublin’s North side and South side. Our Southside location is 2 minutes from the Red Cow interchange, and our Northside venue is beside the Omni Shopping Centre on the Swords Road. We also have satellite venues for fitness instruction and short courses.
Waverley Academy, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12
- Waverley Academy, Dublin 12
- Waverley Academy Old Naas Road
- Waverley Business Park Old Naas Road D12
Waverley Academy, Swords road, Santry, Dublin 9
- Waverley Academy, Dublin 9
- Waverley Academy, Swords road, Santry, Dublin 9
- Above the Maxol Garage beside Omni Park Shopping Centre.
Waverley Academy Blanchardstown
- Waverley Academy Blanchardstown
- ToneZone Fitness at the National Aquatic Centre