Personal Trainer Course Overview
This Personal Trainer Course (Post Grad) is available in Dublin 12 and is an ITEC qualification. It is also mapped into the EQF framework and is equivalent to QQI Level 5 and recognised by employers and insurers in Ireland and around the globe. This Personal Training qualification is one of the most innovative and comprehensive of its nature in the country, and provides a fantastic opportunity to take your fitness career to the next level.
ITEC – a world class qualification with triple recognition of National, European & International standards.
- ITEC Qualification
- Part Time
- Pay by Installments
Personal Trainer Course Course Content
You are not required to have high levels of fitness for this programme and will not be required to take part in strenuous activity.
• This programme does not include any elements of dance, e.g. aerobics or step aerobics.
• It is also strongly recommended that you are a member of a gym or sports club so as to maximise your learning during the programme.
This Personal Training qualification is one of the most innovative and comprehensive of its nature in the country, and provides a fantastic opportunity to take your fitness career to the next level.
Also Free with this course
- Studio Spin
- Suspension Training
This Personal Training course is one of the most comprehensive and innovative in the country.
You will learn how to:
- Develop a variety of fitness programmes for individuals, clubs or teams
- Understand the effects and benefits of exercise on the human body and muscular system
- Understand and demonstrate the benefits and effects of a variety of gym and fitness equipment
- Understand the fundamentals of human movement and structure
- Understand the fitness and exercise demands of a variety of sports
- Develop exercise and fitness programmes for a multitude of sports and physical activities
- Develop exercise programmes to assist sports persons in recovering from injury
- Apply the principles of nutrition to physical activity
- Understand the principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Understand anatomy & physiology and its application to exercise and health
- Develop personal training programmes for a variety of clients
- Understand the motivational requirements for achieving health and fitness goals
Fitness Trends in Ireland
Fitness trends in Ireland have been extremely favourable for those pursuing careers in the fitness, health and leisure industry with more people than ever been aware of the many health benefits associated with physical activity. The following is a brief overview of some of the trends.
The Irish population have become significantly more health conscious over the past ten years. Fitness trends have continued to rise with many more taking part in sports and increasing their physical activity habits. What has also become more evident in the last number of years is that physical activity now traverses all age groups with a significant rise in the numbers of older people taking part in physical activities. This segment of the market, in itself, is a niche market which is defined in the fitness industry as a specialist population. The numbers of senior citizens partaking in activities will continue to rise as Ireland becomes an aging population and older people look to gain the many health benefits associated with exercise and physical activity. This specialist group, should at some point, become a focus for any personal trainer or fitness instructor.
There has also been steady growth in the numbers taking part in team and individual sports with particular growth in Swimming, Soccer, GAA, Athletics and Tri-atlons. These areas also provide great opportunities for personal trainers and fitness instructors as the sports person becomes increasingly aware of a science based approach to fitness for delivering better results.
The fitness instructor or personal trainer can really come into their own with individualised fitness and health related training programmes. It enables them to implement all their skills and knowledge in a focused way and can lead to tremendous job satisfaction and self satisfaction.
Individuals are also becoming more aware of the many benefits of personalised training programmes for achieving their fitness goals. These goals can range from:- Recreational e.g. walking,- or Health e.g. losing weight,- or Competition e.g. winning trophies or achieving personal bests, or Gym based e.g. – achieving fitness programme goals. All in all, the rise in the numbers partaking in some form of exercise, sport and physical activity has created many career and business opportunities for fitness instructors and personal trainers with the future looking very bright for those with recognised qualifications, enthusiasm, passion and good communication skills.
And of course there are many personal benefits that a career in fitness and a personal trainers course can bring, such as:
• Learning about your own body and the benefits of exercise
• Learning how to devise your own exercise routines
• How to maximise the use of fitness equipment
• The many feel good benefits that exercise can bring
• Expanding your skill base and career opportunities
Career and Business Opportunities Being a Personal Trainer
Fitness and health has been one of the biggest growth industries around the globe and in Ireland over the past 10 years, creating a multitude of career and business opportunities for qualified Fitness instructors and Personal Trainers. These opportunities include:
• Freelance fitness instructor
• Employment in the leisure/fitness industry
• Employment in local sports/fitness clubs
• Employment on cruise ships*
• Personal trainer
• Starting a small business in the sports/fitness industry ( see bottom of this article for examples)
• Working with high performance athletes
• Devising programmes for recreational groups or clubs
• Devising health related programmes for individuals or clubs
• Devising fitness related programmes for individuals, teams or clubs
• Devising occupational or work-based health related programmes
*See the World and advance your career Waverley Academy have formed a partnership with Steiner Leisure and One World Spa, the worlds largest recruitment and training agencies for cruise liners. All successful graduates of our personal training courses are guaranteed an interview for employment on the cruise ships with excellent opportunities to advance your career and see the world at the same time.
The opportunities for starting a small business when you qualify as a personal trainer are many and varied and are only limited by your determination and imagination. Find below some examples, but if you prefer to do your own research you should type some search terms into Google, e.g. “Personal Trainers”
Personal Trainer Course Entry Requirements
Ideally a level 2 qualification in exercise and fitness prior to commencing, however, exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the workplace. We may be able to help you with an upskilling programme if you contact us on 01-4089769 or send us in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org once you complete the upskilling programme you will be eligible for our PT course.
Course Student Reviews
“This course has been an amazing experience it has made me stronger both physically & mentally. I could not say enough about our trainer he is the best and such a lovely person who is full of knowledge” Laura O’Donoghue
Choose from the following locations
1 Day per week on a Thursday
Starts: Thursday 7th February 2019
Time: 10am to 4.30pm
Finishes: May 2019 (approx)
We have payment methods to suit every budget.
NORMALLY €1,600 –SAVE €350 – NOW €1,250. €200 booking deposit to secure your place €350 before the first class and the balance can be paid by installments (you can ring to discuss any other reasonable payment options). Plus €160 exam fees (optional).
How To Enrol: To enrol online please use the “enrol” button below. Or you can:
- Phone: 01-4089769 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday) by credit card/visa debit card – No extra charges.
- Post: Waverley Academy, Waverley Business Park, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12 (cheques/postal orders/invoices made payable to Waverley Academy)
- Note: Any payment queries to email@example.com
- Note: Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to other courses (except if programme does not commence)